1. Keep Cleaning Supplies Around the HouseKeep cleaning supplies where you use them most. Typically this would in the bathrooms and in the kitchen. This makes it quick and easy to clean throughout the day.
2. Clean by MultitaskingSince you will have cleaning products around the house, clean as you go through your day. Spray the shower right after you get out in the morning and wipe down the bathroom counter top as you are blow drying your hair. Wipe down the kitchen every time after you cook. Doing little things throughout the day will save time later.
3. Clean the Kitchen EverynightAfter dinner is cooked, go ahead and do the dishes and wipe down the kitchen. Put all of the dishes away and anything else to make sure the kitchen is clean. Even though I know we are all tired at the end of the day, just think of how nice it is to wake up to a clean house in the morning.
4. Do Laundry EverydayBefore the baby, I would do laundry every Sunday. But now, who wants to spend an entire day doing laundry? Definitely not me. So now, I do one load of laundry in the morning and one at night. Sometimes I run a load over night and finish it in the morning. This way, I’m getting everything done in small amounts and can enjoy my weekend, laundry free.
5. Pick Up Before Going to BedWalk through the house and pick up random things that get out of order before going to bed. Like folding blankets on the couch, putting toys away, or any dishes that may have been left out. This will take 5 minutes and you will wake up to a clutter free space the next day.
Doing these things as a part of our daily routine definitely helps. I also try to tackle a few other things everyday during the week, so I don’t have to do much housework on the weekends. Then there are things like vacuuming the furniture that don’t need to be done every week. So we try to do a few things once a month whenever we can fit it in during the week. I spend about 15 minutes or less doing each of the tasks, so it’s manageable to keep up with. Of course this doesn’t happen every week, but we try! Below is the cleaning schedule we follow.